Sunday, June 24, 2012

DIY Wreaths!

 So lately I have had the urge to explore my crafty side.

I started looking into DIY things for around the house, then I ran across some DIY wreaths. Great for any occasion & compared to the alternative of paying anywhere from 60-the upper 100's for a wreath seemed insane to a thrifty shopper like myself.

Soo ... I started trying my hand at it :)

The first wreath is a white(Summer/Spring) wreath made completely of coffee filters & 2 floral embellishments.  I actually ran across a photo & "how to" somewhere on Pinterest click here to go to the tutorial :)


The entire things, took me about 7 hours - I know your thinking "who has this kind of time" well, I did it at night when my little one was sleeping & the hubby was reading Hunger Games, so it was nice quiet time for me :)

Note that this was my VERY first wreath ever & so it did take some tweaking & re-doing of parts. It may or may not take you as long if you have a steady hand & the flowers come out near perfect. After you place the flower buds, you fill in with extra pieces of coffee filter you cut to make the flowers & it works so there is no waste, or next to none.

For this I used:

One 14-16 in round white Styrofoam ring

about 250 white coffee filters

hot glue gun

ribbon to hang

scissors

masking tape.

If you get really creative, some people dye theirs & make pretty colors for fall using different kind of teas.







My next wreath is a ribbon wreath for Fall -- Love this one! I do have the link where I got my how to from as well, (click here to view the tutorial) in case you want a step by step.

This wreath took about 2 hours total.

I used a 16 inch flat, green ring.

8 different types of ribbon & around 360 straight pins.

I saw one like this at Micheal's for $59 & I have $17 in this one, crazy huh?

Super easy, durable & perfect for Fall :)
 The first photo is only half done with about 4 different ribbons.



I have Christmas one, but haven't taken photos of it .. yet ;)

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment